Feather 32u4 w/ LoRa No USB Connection

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
derekbarnhart

Feather 32u4 w/ LoRa No USB Connection

Post by derekbarnhart »

Hello,
Today I received a Feather 32u4 Lora Module and I have not been able to get any of my machines to recognize/detect it as a USB device.

What I have tried:
- Installed Arduino IDE board support for adafruit boards
- confirmed the cable I am using is a data usb cable by using it to connect another device successfully
- confirmed no change in the output of `ls /dev/tty*` after plugging in to both a Mac M1 and Raspberry Pi
- pressed reset on the board after plugging the usb cable in (this had no visible effect on the board leds)

Observations:
The led near the charger connector never lights up.
The CHG led flashes once momentarily when connecting to usb without a battery or stays lit if the battery is plugged in.

There are 2 barcodes on the packaging. P3078 and W14712-C are the labels under the barcodes on the packaging incase that helps traceability to a batch.

Should I attempt burning a new bootloader or would it be better to just get a replacement board?

Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Feather 32u4 w/ LoRa No USB Connection

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

derekbarnhart wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:22 am Should I attempt burning a new bootloader or would it be better to just get a replacement board?
Well, you've done all the appropriate troubleshooting, so you're getting a new one either way. ;-)

Trying to burn a new bootloader on the one you have can't hurt, and if it works, cool. It still counts as a production failure on our end, and warrants replacment.

Send a note containing a link to this page and your order number to [email protected]. The folks there will get you a replacement.

derekbarnhart

Re: Feather 32u4 w/ LoRa No USB Connection

Post by derekbarnhart »

Unsurprisingly, burning the bootloader failed. Thank you for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”