Monochrome 1.3" 128x64 OLED graphic display - STEMMA QT / Qwiic Product ID: 938

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mikemontauk

Monochrome 1.3" 128x64 OLED graphic display - STEMMA QT / Qwiic Product ID: 938

Post by mikemontauk »

Hi! The UG-2864KSWLG01 datasheet indicates unused pins 18~25 must be connected to VSS except for D2 in serial mode, but the schematic provided appears to leave 21-25 floating. I would like to know why if possible, please. Thanks, and I love the display!
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-01-24 200953.png
Screenshot 2023-01-24 200953.png (92.57 KiB) Viewed 51 times

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Monochrome 1.3" 128x64 OLED graphic display - STEMMA QT / Qwiic Product ID: 938

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

It's a design choice based on testing.

Board space is a precious commodity, and the amount of space necessary to route those connections is significant. Our testing has shown that the displays work without any problems without pull-ups, and we've never had a report of one having issues.

Datasheets are legal documents, and the reference schematics in them give the most bulletproof version of the circuit possible. The fact that we aren't using the reference circuit means we'd lose if we tried to blame the manufacturer for problems with our breakouts, for instance.

Frankly though, datasheets contain enough special conditions and notes that they basically cover "what our engineers used in the lab". The existence of reference circuits never absolves designers of the need to do their own characterization and testing.

mikemontauk

Re: Monochrome 1.3" 128x64 OLED graphic display - STEMMA QT / Qwiic Product ID: 938

Post by mikemontauk »

Thanks, I understand and appreciate your response.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”