ESP32-S3 UM Feather Battery Help

For Adafruit customers who seek help with microcontrollers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
HappyWarrior

ESP32-S3 UM Feather Battery Help

Post by HappyWarrior »

I am new to programming and hardware but already loving it. I recently picked up the ESP32-S3 by Unexpected Maker as well as a JST connectable lipo bat but... the connectors are different and I can't use it. I am having a hard time figuring out what type of connector is on this board to I can connect an external bat. I am sure it's simple answer but, I am at a loss. Anyone know?

Thanks!

adafruit_support_mike

Re: ESP32-S3 UM Feather Battery Help

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo of your board and we'll see if we can identify the connector. 800x600 images usually work best.

HappyWarrior

Post by HappyWarrior »

Hey Mike,
Thanks for replying. I FINALLY realized there are different kinds of JST connections. Apparently, my bat has a JST and my board has a JST 2. So... there's the rub.
Thanks for being willing to help though!

Best,
HW

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

JST is the acronym for the company that makes the connectors: the Japan Solderless Terminal Manufacturing Company.

Specific connector families have IDs denoted by letters after the 'JST-' prefix. Our LiPos use JST-PH connectors (JST-PH2 meaning there are two pins in the connector), large STEMMA connectors use JST-PH4 connectors while small STEMMA connectors use JST-SH4 connectors. We also have JST-SM2 and JST-SM3 cables that work with NeoPixel strips.

You'll need to find the family ID for the terminals your battery uses.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Microcontrollers”