Powering LED Lights, Audio FX Mini (2342) and Mono 2.5 W Amp (8302) all together.

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
elcaiman80

Powering LED Lights, Audio FX Mini (2342) and Mono 2.5 W Amp (8302) all together.

Post by elcaiman80 »

I am working on a couple of Mandalorian jetpacks. I have the packs sounds taken cared of with the 2342 and the 8302. I am trying to come up with a way to make the "thrusters" light up and flicker with the sound of the pack. My first attempt and I probably have all of this wrong, but I connected the LEDs to the speakers, and they do flicker but stay dimly lit when there is no sound going thru. So they are getting power when there is no sound going. I tried using resistors to help it but it was not working. What do I need to do or get for this to work? Also, are there any other setups that might help me work this easier? Thanks!

mikeysklar

Re: Powering LED Lights, Audio FX Mini (2342) and Mono 2.5 W Amp (8302) all together.

Post by mikeysklar »

There are some options for getting LEDs to come on with the sound using the Audio FX Mini. Take a look at this thread.
The FX Board won't exactly power the LED, but doesn't exactly need to.

You can connect the positive side of an LED-and-resistor to whatever power source you use to run the FX Board.. the Vin pin if you use a direct power connection, or the BUS pin if you power the FX board through its USB jack.

If you want the LED to light when you push the button and go dark when you release the button, just connect the negative end of the LED-and-resistor to the pin that triggers the sound. Then connect the button between that pin and GND. When you close the switch, it will pull both the trigger pin and the negative side of the LED-and-resistor low. The
track will play, and the LED will light.

If you want the LED to light as long as the sound is playing, keep the button connected to the trigger pin, but move the negative end of the LED-and-resistor over to the ACT pin. The FX Board's firmware pulls ACT low as long as any sound is playing, and that will light the LED.
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=147916

elcaiman80

Re: Powering LED Lights, Audio FX Mini (2342) and Mono 2.5 W Amp (8302) all together.

Post by elcaiman80 »

Thanks, I will try it with the ACT pin.

elcaiman80

Post by elcaiman80 »

Worked like a charm!!! Thanks a lot!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”