UDA1334A I2S DAC outputing only noise

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Windorey

UDA1334A I2S DAC outputing only noise

Post by Windorey »

Hello, I have recently purchased the breakout board mentioned in the title, but when I connect it to my Teensy 4.1 board, I only get noise output, however, if I solder them directly together I do get an output. This is not an issue with my ESP32, even on a breadboard it works fine. Any suggestions on what to do are welcome.

What I am sure about:
  • My code is working
  • The I2S output is working
  • The connections are correct
  • The audio data type is correct

adafruit_support_mike

Re: UDA1334A I2S DAC outputing only noise

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Post a photo showing your hardware and connections and we'll take a look. 800x600 images usually work best.

Windorey

Post by Windorey »

Thank you for your reply. Currently I am unable to take a photo, but a few days ago I filmed a video.
I figured out it does actually work, but only when I touch the pins. Here is a video demonstrating it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZL_TQWUnNJ4

Windorey

Post by Windorey »

I have now decided I want to use an external Master Clock instead of having the built-in PLL generate it for me. How do I do that? The GitHub repository says it's possible but gives no info on it.

adafruit_support_mike

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Windorey wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:00 am I figured out it does actually work, but only when I touch the pins. Here is a video demonstrating it:
That noise is probably the clock signals, capacitively coupled to the Vin pin through your fingertips.
Windorey wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:37 am I have now decided I want to use an external Master Clock instead of having the built-in PLL generate it for me. How do I do that?
The UDA1334A doesn't use the MCLK signal. In audio mode, it generates its internal clocks from the WSEL signal.

There's a video mode where it can accept a 27MHz reference clock from the SCLK pin, but that's different from basic audio playback.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”