Ask an Engineer 2/19/2011
Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Ask an Engineer 2/19/2011

by george_graves on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:26 pm

- Clear Arduino case
- New products

http://vimeo.com/20242371

George Graves
http://www.twitter.com/georgegraves
New blog - www.digitalunderpants.com

george_graves

Re: Ask an Engineer 2/19/2011

by pootietang on Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:09 pm

Hello all. I was looking for some help about something i saw on this video. Near the beginning of the video when the new webcams were demonstrated, one of the things that was broadcasted was only mentioned briefly. Im pretty sure it was an LED display but only the backside was shown and it had several silvery tracks and spots that most likely corresponded to the different segments of the characters to be displayed. I have one that looks like it that i got out of a blu ray player and was wondering how to get it to work. it has 3 sets of pins 2, then like 30ish then 2 more
ie/eg?
II IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII II

i know at one point its probably trial and error but i dont know where ground should go or if its common positive. ive tried 3 and 5 volts and fooled around with it on a breadboard and trying different combinations to see if anything will light up but i didnt get anywhere. if anyone needs to see pictures i can upload some somewhere and post links. any help would be appreciated. thank you.

-matthew
pootietang

Re: Ask an Engineer 2/19/2011

by george_graves on Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:57 pm

I'd recommend starting a new thread in general project help. If you snap some hi res photos of it, someone might know the display and be able to help you. You could also look for any marking on the display and google for them.

HTH
New blog - www.digitalunderpants.com

george_graves

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.