audio fx board defective.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
Art15an

audio fx board defective.

Post by Art15an »

I have what appears to be a defective audio fx board. It is not recognized by my computer at all. I have tried multiple cables and multiple ports (usb 3 as well as usb 2). There are no detected hardware changes in the device manager (I checked all audio, usb, storage, and other sections to be sure. I checked under the disk-management tool and it was not visible there either. The power led and the act led are both on and unchanging. The same thing happens on another computer as well.

I would like to exchange it. How can I get this acheived? Thanks

dastels

Re: audio fx board defective.

Post by dastels »

Is anything connected to the audio board? I'm wondering why the ACT LED is lit. That should only be while playing a sound.

Dave

Art15an

Post by Art15an »

No, nothing is connected to any of the pins. I have it sitting on a bread board, with the usb cable as the only thing connected. My plan was to load all of the sounds, then go plug it into the setup I designed.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Which AudioFX board is it?

Dave

Art15an

Post by Art15an »

It is the 16mb version with the bulletin amp.

dastels

Post by dastels »

OK. Please email [email protected] with a link to this thread, your order number, and request the replacement of one Audio FX Sound Board + 2x2W Amp - WAV/OGG Trigger -16MB.

Dave

Art15an

Post by Art15an »

thanks for your help. I appreciate it. I will email them now.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”