Help with Integrating Adafruit USB C Breakout Board with Daisy Seed

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
raskjaerbo

Help with Integrating Adafruit USB C Breakout Board with Daisy Seed

Post by raskjaerbo »

Dear Adafruit community,

I am trying to integrate the Adafruit USB C Breakout Board with the Daisy Seed platform. I am using libdaisy to communicate between the two devices. I would like to test the connection and verify that data can be transferred between the computer and the Daisy Seed via the USB C connection.

Has anyone had experience with this setup? Are there any libraries or examples that I can use as a starting point? I would greatly appreciate any tips or guidance on how to get started with this project.

Thank you for your time and help.

Best regards,
Rasmus from Denmark

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Help with Integrating Adafruit USB C Breakout Board with Daisy Seed

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

This is the first time I've heard of a Daisy Seed.

Assuming it's this one:

https://www.electro-smith.com/daisy/daisy

It looks like the connections are possible. The pinout diagram on that product page shows USB signals D+ and D- on pins 36 and 37, and the USB-ID signal connected to pin 1. Those, along with 5V and GND are the only signals in a pre-USB-C connection.

There won't be any code support.. the connections are entirely in hardware. USB is a high-speed protocol, so keep the wires for D+ and D- as short and straight as possible. The 5V and GND connections will be more flexible, and you can ignore the USB-ID signal.. that's only used for USB-OTG applications where a device can work as either a USB peripheral or a USB Host.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”