Prop-Maker Compatibility.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
CruelCamera

Prop-Maker Compatibility.

Post by CruelCamera »

Hello, Im interested in getting Prop-Maker Feather.

I have a RP 2040 and an nRF52 Bluefruit LE - nRF52832. Are these compatible? I was unable to understand or see a clear answer.

If so please let me know where that information was presented. If not compatible please let me know where that information is provided and where I may find it.

A bit of a FYI which I hope will helps. Im doing Mandalorian wrist BANNED, particularly for the "Whishlting Birds". To have motion actuate them and light and make a sound as they light up.

Thank you all in advance.

mikeysklar

Re: Prop-Maker Compatibility.

Post by mikeysklar »

The Mandalorian wrist build sounds awesome. I can't wait for the new season next month.

The Prop-Maker will work with the Feather RP2040. There is an example guide LED Rocket Lamp that uses the combo.

The Feather nRF52 will also work, but no analog audio output support.

CruelCamera

Post by CruelCamera »

Hello mikeysklar,

Thank you for that bit of info. Have you seen the Halo Sword build? I was wondering if that Feather nRF52?

Also, how does one differentiate from a similar Feather Bluetooth board? I am a "noob' and I keep seeing that some boards are more popular if they are out of stock yet another sounds the same.

Thank you in advance,

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Is this the Halo Sword build you speak of?

The nRF52840 based boards are newer than the nRF52832. I like how easily the nRF52840s pair and stay reconnect.

The two nRF52840 boards in Feather form factor are:

https://www.adafruit.com/product/4062
https://www.adafruit.com/product/4516

CruelCamera

Post by CruelCamera »

Hello again mikeyslar,

Yes that is the one I’m taking about. So I have three nRF52832 I hoping to use for this project like this. Are my nRF52832’s useless or just obsolete for the Halo Energy Sword project?

Thank you again for helping become more knowledgeable, when you mention it was older and compared to the newer one out there.

I cannot find any videos or project on it for this board.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

If you are planning on building the Halo sword I would match the processor board they use for that project. The Feather 32u4 BLE is a significantly different processor architecture than the nRF52 based boards.

While it might be possible to make things go with your nRF52832’s it probably is not worth the time to do so.

CruelCamera

Post by CruelCamera »

Thank you,

I'll add the same board they used in the Halo Sword build. Yet, I cant seem to find nRF52832 build, I hope this not to bold of a question, but What is the nRF52832 for? As in I am rather lost on its purpose or functioned it meant for. Because I'd like to use this board for say a random project I can change the lights or display something.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

The nRF52832 will work with the Adafruit Connect app which means you can easily control lights, act as a gamepad or sending serial data. There are a lot of guides that make use of it.

https://learn.adafruit.com/products/3406/guides

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”