Circuit question for Play6_HC

Adafruit Ethernet, Motor, Proto, Wave, Datalogger, GPS Shields - etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Jackalope2000

Circuit question for Play6_HC

Post by Jackalope2000 »

I successfully built and tested the Wave Shield v1.1. I’m a newbie to all this but was able to overcome two problems: 1) the Library issue where in WaveHC.h you have to change DVOLUME=0 to DVOLUME=1 and 2) the Wave Shield seems to not work at all with my older green board Arduino even though the same board seems to run other programs perfectly. I tested it with daphc.ino and it seems to work as advertised. Now I’m trying set up to run Play6_HC and I’m confused about the circuit that goes with it.

The description at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-wav ... o/play6-hc says “We will use a function called check_switches() that goes through the 6 buttons (digital 14 through 20) to see if they have been pressed” and includes this code:

// enable pull-up resistors on switch pins (analog inputs)
digitalWrite(14, HIGH);
digitalWrite(15, HIGH);
digitalWrite(16, HIGH);
digitalWrite(17, HIGH);
digitalWrite(18, HIGH);
digitalWrite(19, HIGH);

My Uno has Analog In 0 – 5 and Digital I/O ends at 13. What does the circuit for Play6_HC actually look like?

mikeysklar

Re: Circuit question for Play6_HC

Post by mikeysklar »

The analog in pins can also be used as digital pins. You will use the digital pin number for those which gets you access to D14 - D19.
uno.png
uno.png (115.53 KiB) Viewed 162 times
If you have the necessary push buttons you can connect one end to the digital pin and the other to GND.
button.jpg
button.jpg (96.64 KiB) Viewed 162 times
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-ard ... tal-inputs

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino Shields from Adafruit”