Adafruit IO & Pushover alerts.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
slaw54

Adafruit IO & Pushover alerts.

Post by slaw54 »

Hi
I am using IO+ and would like to use the API to trigger a Pushover notification. The Pushover API seems relatively simple it just needs an HTTPS post with json format, a "token", "user" & "message" etc. I continually get a 400 error returned, any idea if it is possible to use Pushover. The same setup with Ubidots works OK but I much prefer IO.
Thanks

jwcooper

Re: Adafruit IO & Pushover alerts.

Post by jwcooper »

Is this using the "Actions" feature in IO?

With Actions, you can have IO send a request to pushover automatically based on various criteria when data is saved. I'm not familiar with Pushover, but we do support quite a few different services as you can customize the request body of the message.

If this is within your code, I think we'll need an example to see in more detail what's going on.

slaw54

Re: Adafruit IO & Pushover alerts.

Post by slaw54 »

Hi & thanks for the response. The problem was caused by including the square brackets that enclose the json in the default template that appears in the actions. Removed those and now get a 200 response with a pushover notification. So all good now.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”