Light up eyes for action figures

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
JJcustoms

Light up eyes for action figures

Post by JJcustoms »

OK here goes, I have absolutely no experience with Circuitry But I'm not letting that stop me from trying to figure out how to design a good system for installing LED lights into 6" action figure heads. The desired features are rechargeable battery, LED light, remote control on and off with dimming control.
The best idea I have so far Is to repurpose remote control rechargeable tea lights. They also have a dimming function on the remote. I think that it would be possible to replace the LED's with longer ones and different colored ones. Anyway, if anybody has any knowledge of how to do something like this I need to fit those functions in the tiniest space possible lol. I would really like to be able to find the parts and figure out how to do this on my own without having to reuse tea lights. In theory this just seems like a very easy concept and pretty simple but with no knowledge I am scratching my head. If anyone Can point me in the right direction or give me a run down of what I would need I would greatly appreciate it...thank you in advance!!

mikeysklar

Re: Light up eyes for action figures

Post by mikeysklar »

Cool idea.

Start with the NeoPixel Manicure guide. It shows how to wire and code small multicolor LEDs.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”