How to implement BUSIO Library in Arduino sketch

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
kyearwood

How to implement BUSIO Library in Arduino sketch

Post by kyearwood »

A few years back, I wired up an Arduino Uno for I2C for 2 each 4-Alpahanumeric 14-digit displays and 8 each 4-digit 7-segment displays (the I2C Backpack versions). This was based in part on the concept shown in the Delorean dashboard display (https://learn.adafruit.com/delorean-tim ... t-trickery). Instead of the 74HC138 SPI multiplexer I used a TCA9548A to create two channels for each set of one alphanumeric and four 4-digit 7-segment displays. I used the sketch example (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-tca ... g-and-test) as the basis for my code. Eventually I had to go to an Arduino Mega. Everything worked fine; all displays showed what they were supposed to show. I then continued to work on other aspects of my project.

When I went to integrate the other aspects, the displays did not work. I had upgraded to the Arduino IDE 2.0 and discovered that changes had been made to the GFX and the LEDBackpack libraries by the introduction of the BUSIO library. Seeing no updated sketches on how to incorporate the BUSIO library I am seeking guidance on what changes I need to make to my sketch get the displays working again. What libraries do I have to include and in what order? Do I need to declare any new objects? Any help you can provide is greatly appreciated.

adafruit_support_carter

Re: How to implement BUSIO Library in Arduino sketch

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

You generally don't need to interact with the BusIO library directly. Just need to make sure it's installed - should be available via Arduino Library Manager.

If your older sketch(es) are still not working, like compile errors, even after installing BusIO, add info here on what is happening.

kyearwood

Re: How to implement BUSIO Library in Arduino sketch

Post by kyearwood »

Thank you for your very quick response. It helps to know that I do not have to change the sketch.

l will look at circuit again and see if I can find what is causing the failure. I guess it's time to learn how to use my new 4-channel scope.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”