Metro for 6-channel Visible Light Sensor

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
seedpress

Metro for 6-channel Visible Light Sensor

Post by seedpress »

We are about to construct a project using the Adafruit AS7262 6-channel Visible Light Sensor, as detailed in Adafruit’s tutorial https://cdn-learn.adafruit.com/download ... sensor.pdf

The tutorial was updated in late 2022, but uses the older METRO M0 Express (Adafruit 3505.) We are considering substituting that board with one of the Adafruit Metro M4 series. I wonder if this substitution might be a mistake? I want the initial project to be fairly straightforward—no re-coding. Keep in mind that this will be my first attempt at using one of these small computer boards. On the other hand:

My background is 50 years of off-and-on analog circuit design, including circuit design with LT Spice. I’ve also programmed in Visual Basic (whop-de-doo!). Another program language we’ve used is Faust (https://faust.grame.fr/), from which I compiled a VST. I also cobbled together several desktop computers from new and used parts. So, I’m comfortable with the light sensor challenge, albeit my skills are a bit antique.

I chose the AS7262 6-channel project because I want to learn this stuff, but also would end up with a device that could be used with other projects brewing here.

I just don’t want to stumble out of the gate by having to rewrite circuit python code. Plug and play—initially—would be nice.

Anyway, should I avoid the switch to the Metro M4 series? It was appealing because I figured I could use the M4 for a future project more easily—given its enhanced power.

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Metro for 6-channel Visible Light Sensor

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

The Python example in that guide should work fine on the M4 without changes.

The Arduino example would require re-mapping a few pins for the display connections.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”