Adafruit IO Dashboard shows black page

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
nagrom78

Adafruit IO Dashboard shows black page

Post by nagrom78 »

Hello, I noticed this morning that my Adafruit IO Dashboard page is showing a blank (black) page.
When I load the page I briefly see my dashboard options and then quickly the page goes black.

Issue occurs on the latest Safari and Firefox for Mac, Safari for iPad OS and Firefox on Windows 11.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Adafruit IO Dashboard shows black page

Post by brubell »

Hi, could you please file this over at http://io.adafruit.com/support and include a link to the dashboard. Submitting via the "Contact Adafruit IO Support" forum will let us work with you 1:1 if this turns out to be an account-related issue.

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

When I open http://io.adafruit.com/support and click on Contact IO Support I get a black screen again.

Next step, I tried this on a computer that I have never used with Adafruit IO and even without signing in the moment I click on Contact IO Support, I get a black screen.

Issue occurs on multiple network connections.

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

As another test I had someone else try to open the http://io.adafruit.com/support site on their own computer and click on “Contact Adafruit IO support” and they immediately got a black screen as well.

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Might be worth trying to clear your cache on your primary browser and try again.

Some of these errors indicate something is wrong with your signed in user session.

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

jwcooper wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:05 pm Might be worth trying to clear your cache on your primary browser and try again.

Some of these errors indicate something is wrong with your signed in user session.
Hmm yeah that was the first thing I tried. The thing that makes me think it's not my browser or user session is this:
1. I have asked a few friends now to navigate to the http://io.adafruit.com/support site.
2. The moment they click on Contact IO Support they get the black screen.

Does it work when you go to that site?

tjzientek

Post by tjzientek »

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. I added a new device, received a successful message, and restarted my device. Once it was restarted and connected to WiFi, my Devices page went black. If I disconnect my device from power, I can refresh the devices page to a normal view; However, it doesn't show my device. The page will go black again when I plug my device back in and it re-connects to WiFi.

Here's a screenshot of the console message from the web browser:
Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 1.25.22 AM.png
Screenshot 2023-03-04 at 1.25.22 AM.png (113.29 KiB) Viewed 276 times
Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
T.J.

vroomfondel

Post by vroomfondel »

I have exactly the same issue. I loaded the WipperSnapper firmware onto a new device today (my first test of Adafruit IO). The io.adafruit.com page went all-black, and showing the JavaScript error message in the browser's F12 debug console.

I disconnected power from the the device I loaded the WipperSnapper firmware onto; and io.adafruit.com works again (but it doesn't show my device). When reconnecting power to the device, io.adafruit.com goes blank once again.

ckostovny

Post by ckostovny »

I'm having the same issues as others here, any io.adafruit.com including http://io.adafruit.com/support briefly flash the correct content before being replaced with an all black screen. I tried multiple computers and cleared cache for io.adafruit.com, no luck in resolving.

edit: I should note, io.adafruit.com works fine before I log in, but once I'm logged in it redirects me to https://io.adafruit.com/ckostovny/wippersnapper and it's black screens from there. I can view http://io.adafruit.com/support before logging in, but the "Contact Adafruit IO Support" button briefly flashes 10 or so radio button popup then also begins the black screen behavior.

Quartzzk

Post by Quartzzk »

I can confirm the same issue after trying to add a new device, whenever it is plugged in, the entire IO site is all black with a javascript error.

slaw54

Post by slaw54 »

Same issue here @ 3.47 nz

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

Thank you for the reports. The more details you can provide the better. We're working on reproducing these issues.

At this time it appears to be happening to just a subset of users, which is making it a bit more difficult to reproduce.

All of these reports are incredibly helpful in tracking this down, thank you.

lorennorman

Post by lorennorman »

With all this great feedback I believe I've fixed the core issue where a signed-in account with a connected device crashes the IO web app. Could someone here refresh and confirm it is fixed?

I believe the support page crashing for non-signed-in users is a separate issue, haven't fixed that one yet.

Thank you all for your patience!

tjzientek

Post by tjzientek »

Hello all,

I just plugged in my device and it now brought up the device name page to let me continue. Earlier, at this point, it would just go black. Seems to be working now.

Thanks,
T.J.

nagrom78

Post by nagrom78 »

I’m now able to open my dashboards again! Thank you for fixing it quickly! :)

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”