Conecting to NeoPixel Reverse Mount RGB LEDs

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
davereed

Conecting to NeoPixel Reverse Mount RGB LEDs

Post by davereed »

Hi, I recently bought some NeoPixel Reverse Mount RGB LEDs. They are really great in that they let you do some free form in the way you can arange them. It would be great to find some conectors to plug into them instead of having to solder to them. I figure that it would be a female, 2 conductor, horizontal, 1.25mm pitch conector. Streight and right angle would be nice. I've done some research on the internet but havent found that configeration yet. Anyone awhere of a source to acquire such a product? There seems to be plenty of vertical socket plugs but no horizontal socket plugs.

mikeysklar

Re: Conecting to NeoPixel Reverse Mount RGB LEDs

Post by mikeysklar »

Would a set of terminal blocks work for your application? They are typically horizontal connectors that come in sizes.

https://www.adafruit.com/?q=terminal+bl ... =BestMatch

davereed

Post by davereed »

Thanks for your response. But looking at the NeoPixel Reverse Mount RGB LEDs, the conectors have to be a 1.25mm pitch double horizontal female socket. I don't see anythig by Adafruit with those deminsions.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Good point about the 1.25” pitch. The adafruit terminal blocks are all 0.1”.

Does it make sense to design your own mini carrier board? It would have the reverse LED and cut out pads that you solder to, but you can add vias and 0.1” headers to make it easy to interact with different circuit or breadboards without having to solder them.

davereed

Post by davereed »

Thanks, I'll Check that out.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”