circuitpython 5.0.0 say "rainbowio module not found"

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
kriek

circuitpython 5.0.0 say "rainbowio module not found"

Post by kriek »

Hi everybody

Usualy Arduino IDE user, i chose to use a adafruit Gemma M0 board for a specific project, and i'm trying to code it with circuitpython which seem to be easier to use than Arduino IDE with this board.

I'm trying to use sample code existing in adafruit's docs on-line, with a ring of 12 neopixel leds.

I succeed in lighting the leds, with different colors, but a "def rainbow_cycle" using "colorwheel" function doesn't work, because the line "from rainbowio import colorwheel" is refused, with a message like this : "rainbowio module not found"
All i can read on documentation online is : "function existing in adafruit gemma M0 by default"
but not in mine. The only modules existing in lib directory are neopixel.mpy, adafruit_dotstar.mpy, and some others begining by keybord, keycode, mouse, consumer or gamepad in a sub directory named adafruit_id.

I found nowhere a place explaining where to found this module.

About the release of my card, i've found a file named boot_out.txt with this text inside :
"Adafruit CircuitPython 5.0.0 on 2020-03-02; Adafruit Gemma M0 with samd21e18"

Does anyone have an answear ?

danhalbert

Re: circuitpython 5.0.0 say "rainbowio module not found"

Post by danhalbert »

rainbowio was added several versions after CircuitPython 5.0.0. 5.0.0 is just about three years old. We highly recommend you update to CircuitPython 8.0.4.
https://learn.adafruit.com/welcome-to-c ... cuitpython
https://circuitpython.org/board/gemma_m0/

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”