neopxl_8 library not found

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
niemczyk

neopxl_8 library not found

Post by niemczyk »

I just started working with the Adafruit Feather RP2040 SCORPIO. I have been running through their documentation. I loaded the correct version of circuitPython (8x). Mu runs with everything fine on the drive (CIRCUITPY) - until I ask for it to load the NeoPxl8 library (from adafruit_neopxl8) - it gives me an ImportError : no module named 'adafruit_neopxl8'. I checked the installed modules and that doesn't exist - it also doesn't show as a separate library, it is not in the bundles (any of them - the circuitpython-bundle-8x in particular). in the tutorial on adafruit it looks like it should simply be included in the original circuitpython but when I looked into it it doesn't seem to be included there either. Any suggestions?

I have actually been using arduino and it's native language for years but I am trying to work with python for the first time. It's been a little confusing and I apologize ahead of time for my awkwardness on this question.

mikeysklar

Re: neopxl_8 library not found

Post by mikeysklar »

Did you download the project bundle or adafruit_neopxl8 from the CircuitPython library bundle?

It should look more or less like this on your CIRCUITPY drive.
56D8BDE7-3F30-47D4-9B91-6541B8BB8845.png
56D8BDE7-3F30-47D4-9B91-6541B8BB8845.png (32.91 KiB) Viewed 41 times
https://learn.adafruit.com/introducing- ... it_neopxl8

niemczyk

Post by niemczyk »

I do now. Thank you very much.

niemczyk

Post by niemczyk »

although I still don't see it in the circuitPython library bundle. Thank you for the project link.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Were you able to get the neopxl_8 working with the project bundle?

Here is a higher level link to the full libraries. You would want to download Bundle for version 8.x.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”