Metro M4 Express - Plug It In, Nothing Happens

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
engineer12

Metro M4 Express - Plug It In, Nothing Happens

Post by engineer12 »

I received a new Metro M4 Express direct from Adafruit. Plugged it in to USB port, drive does not appear in Explorer and the unit flashes, green, yellow, then yellow 5 times, repeating. Latest Win 11 Home, no third-party antivirus. Installed Mu, Arduino IDE, Adafruit drivers, but can't get console. Please help.

I'm going to give this a day or two to see if anyone can resolve this otherwise I'll be doing a chargeback for defective product since the website offers no return/replacement that I can find.

dastels

Re: Metro M4 Express - Plug It In, Nothing Happens

Post by dastels »

A drive will only appear if CircuitPython is installed.

I would start by updating the bootloader, and installing the latest CircuitPython if that's what you want to use. See "updating the bootloader" on https://circuitpython.org/board/metro_m4_express/. If you want to use C++/Arduino then you are ready to go at this point.

If you want to run CircuitPython, download version 8.0.4 from the same page and follow the instructions at https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-met ... cuitpython.

Dave

engineer12

Post by engineer12 »

@dastels I can't update the bootloader due to the device does not show up in Explorer when connected via USB as I stated in my first post.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Have you double-pressed reset to get the METROBOOT drive mounting?

engineer12

Post by engineer12 »

Yes. I double-clicked reset, observed the LEDs change to pulsing red. No drive mounted.

engineer12

Post by engineer12 »

Hey @dastels are you with Adafruit customer service? If not, do you know how to reach them? Do I just @someone or something? I came here expecting customer support from the company but it doesn't seem like that's what this is. Nobody even asked me my order number. If there's a better way to do this please let me know. I've got about another day on this before it goes to chargeback.

engineer12

Post by engineer12 »

Forget it. No phone number, no return method that I could see, nobody from company responds here in a timely manner. I'm done, chargeback in progress.

dastels

Post by dastels »

Yes, I am associated with custustome service.

This is the process. We try to get it working. If we can't get it working we replace it.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”