Metro M4 Airlift won't boot after UF2 Bootloader updated to version: v3.15.0

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
daveNC

Metro M4 Airlift won't boot after UF2 Bootloader updated to version: v3.15.0

Post by daveNC »

I followed the instructions on the CP page "https://circuitpython.org/board/metro_m4_airlift_lite/" and downloaded the 8.0.4 .UF2 file. I dragged it to the boot drive and the board stopped working. So I Updated the UF2 Bootloader to Latest version: v3.15.0. Then the board only brings up the METROM4BOOT USB drive on my Mac.

So I dragged the 8.0.4 .UF2 file "adafruit-circuitpython-metro_m4_airlift_lite-en_US-8.0.4.uf2" to the boot drive and now I have the CIRCUITPY drive back. However, when I save the demo code I get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/davidrossi/Desktop/Copy from board/code.py", line 5, in <module>
import board
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'board'
>>>

Please advise...

Thanks,
Dave

danhalbert

Re: Metro M4 Airlift won't boot after UF2 Bootloader updated to version: v3.15.0

Post by danhalbert »

Code: Select all

"/Users/davidrossi/Desktop/Copy from board/code.py",
This indicates to me you are running code.py on the host computer, not on the Metro M4. What editor are you using? If it's Mu, you need to set it to CircuitPython mode (lower right corner).

daveNC

Re: Metro M4 Airlift won't boot after UF2 Bootloader updated to version: v3.15.0

Post by daveNC »

Using Mu and Circuit Python mode.
When I hit Save, nothing happens. REPL has >>> only.

The board is flashing two red pulses. The code cannot find board.

I ran CircUp and here are the library versions from the board:
simpleio==None
neopixel==3.3.6
adafruit_dotstar==1.5.0
adafruit_hid==None
adafruit_motor==1.4.1
adafruit_bus_device==2.2.10
adafruit_esp32spi==1.3.5
adafruit_waveform==None

daveNC

Post by daveNC »

Bill,

Should I return this board for a new one? Is there a way to reload it with the factory code and such?

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

I don't think this is a board problem at all. As I mentioned, the pathname you showed from the error message indicates that you are running code.py on the host computer, not on the board.

What version of Mu are you using, and what OS and its version is on the host computer?

daveNC

Post by daveNC »

13.2.1 macOS
Mu 1.2.0
The first thing I did was make a backup of the CIRCUITPY drive. I have since copied that back to assure that has not changed. Therefore, the only thing I've done is install the UF2 file and also run the Bootloader update.

How can I tell that the code is running on the Mac and not the board, and how can I point it to the board if it isn't?

I appreciate your help.

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

Are you willing to do this support more interactively in our discord? It would save time. Go to https://adafru.it/discord, and then to the #help-with-circuitpython channel. Put up a screenshot of your Mu screen showing the error.

daveNC

Post by daveNC »

Sure. Doing it now...

daveNC

Post by daveNC »

It needs to wait ten minutes... I think I am in the right place though.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”