Matrix Portal M4

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jm2915

Matrix Portal M4

Post by jm2915 »

When attempting to load circuitpython onto my matrix portal M4, I accidentally deleted all the pre-installed contents of the M4. I tried resetting and installing the bootloader, then installing the latest version of circuitpython, but it doesn't appear to be successful.

Any ideas?
Attachments
M4.png
M4.png (38.41 KiB) Viewed 52 times

danhalbert

Re: Matrix Portal M4

Post by danhalbert »

Hi - you copied the UF2 file to the CIRCUITPY drive. You need to copy it to the MATRIXBOOT drive. Delete it from the CIRCUITPY drive. Double-click the reset button to get the MATRIXBOOT drive. Details are here:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-mat ... cuitpython

I recommend you turn on showing filename extensions all the time in Windows: it makes things much clearer:
windows-filename-extensions.png
windows-filename-extensions.png (32.1 KiB) Viewed 50 times

jm2915

Post by jm2915 »

Thanks for the message!

I deleted and then reset. Matrixboot became circuitpy, but the only item appears to be the boot_out.txt file. I've done it a handful of times, so I'm not sure what's happening with it.
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-03-26 190908.png
Screenshot 2023-03-26 190908.png (37.86 KiB) Viewed 39 times

danhalbert

Post by danhalbert »

That makes sense; there was only `boot_out` (not showing the `.txt`) in your first screenshot, besides the .uf2.

To get a default "Hello World" into code.py, you can do this in the Mu Serial window, typing into the REPL:

Code: Select all

import storage
storage.erase_filesystem()
That erases and reformats CIRCUITPY, and puts in some default files, most of which are present only to prevent certain problems on macOS.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”