Grand Central Behaving Really strange

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jamesob

Grand Central Behaving Really strange

Post by jamesob »

Hi There

I've been using a a grand central for while a CNC controllers it working really well, it's current set up it's connect to 4 x Stepper drivers, a LCD display , a PS2 controller, relays and HC6 bluetooth module. The board it still working and running my program as expected however I am having a lot of problems connect to it via USB. Most of the time is can't get it to show up ports section of Arduino, Sometimes I can connect to it but first I have to restart bluetooth module then remove it. What's stranger is when I psychically disconnect everything and just connect the board to machine, what ever I do it doesn't show up in the port window in the Arduino software.

Also when try and reset the board by double checking the reset button nothing happens it used to be the neopixel would change either red or green now only the little tx/rx leds change could from either red or flashing red, I also can't seem to be able to but the board back in the boot mode so it's visible on the desktop

I should add that all of this was programed and coded via Arduino IDE (Arduino 2) but I have also trying connect to board via the original Arduino software and via a python script and nothing I do shows up

I have tried on two different Mac Laptops (UsbC with breakout hub) one running Monterey and one as Catalina

I did have some similar problems when I first got the board but a update of the UF2 bootloader and Arduino software fixed it

If anyones got any idea I would really appreciate some advice as I am 100% stumped

mikeysklar

Re: Grand Central Behaving Really strange

Post by mikeysklar »

Which bootloader are you running now?

The current version is v3.15.0 which is likely newer than your unless you upgraded this month.

https://circuitpython.org/board/grandce ... 4_express/

Running all the extra peripherals can be an issue. Keep in mind the on board regulator is limited to 500mA over USB.

jamesob

Re: Grand Central Behaving Really strange

Post by jamesob »

Thanks for getting back to me

I managed to get it working again by avoiding USBC hubs and using a basic USBC to USB adapter instead, but what's strange is the two UsbC hubs I tried both worked fine with a Arduino UNO and esp32

I hope this helps someone else

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”