Adalogger M0 bootloader

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
waviation

Re: Adalogger M0 bootloader

Post by waviation »

yes

adafruit_support_carter

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

What are the contents of the INFO_UF2.TXT file found in the boot folder?

waviation

Post by waviation »

UF2 Bootloader v3.15.0 SFHWRO
Model: Feather M0
Board-ID: SAMD21G18A-Feather-v0

adafruit_support_carter

Thanks. That looks OK and generally as expected.

Bootloader mode should also create a COM port. Does one show back up again in Arduino IDE when in bootloader mode?

waviation

Post by waviation »

yes, I see a comm port in bootloader mode. When I reset the feather however, it is not running the blink code and the comm port disappears from the Arduino IDE.

adafruit_support_carter

As another behavior test, try installing CircuitPython. Grab the UF2 from here:
https://circuitpython.org/board/feather_m0_adalogger/
and drag that to the BOOT folder.

Can you then get the CIRCUITPY folder to show up after the UF2 gets copied over?

waviation

Post by waviation »

OK< so I have loaded circuit python on there and the board loaded, and seems to be holding the file. I can unplug the feather and plug it back in and Circuit Python is still there. I can even hit the reset button and it shows right back up.

waviation

Post by waviation »

update....If I try to load a sketch from the Arduino IDE the board fails as it did before. And, once I reboot it afterwards, circuit python is gone.

adafruit_support_carter

That's expected. CircuitPython is just different firmware and uploading an Arduino sketch overwrites it.

Not sure what is happening. The bootloader seems to be fine. CircuitPython can be loaded and runs fine. The Arduino sketch uploads, but does not appear to run.

waviation

Post by waviation »

I have an Atmel ICE programmer on order. I will repeat the programming process using their programmer to see if it fixes the issue. If it does, I will document the procedure I used to cause the fault and post here. Thanks for all the help troubleshooting this issue.

waviation

Post by waviation »

update--I have my ATMEL ICE programmer. Tried installing the bootloader with it, same issue. I can get the bootloader on there, I can load Circuit Python, and it runs. I just can't get the feather, or my custom board, to load a program from the Arduino IDE. The code loads, it get the success message, but once its reboots the board, nothing. I've even tried using different computers to see if it was a computer issue. I downloaded and installed the Adafruit drivers. I just can't figure out what is happening.

waviation

Post by waviation »

Resolution!

On my custom PCB I had a 32.768MHZ crystal not a 32.768KHZ crystal. Swapped it out and problem solved! So, for others having similar issues, even with the wrong crystal I was able to:
Install the UF2 bootloader.
Install and run Circuit Python.
but, not run code from the Arduino. The Arduino code would hang up waiting for the clock.

This info might help someone else out that is having similar symptoms. It will at least have you looking at the clock for potential errors.

The feather is still not working however. I was never able to resolve why I was able to break it by uploading the bootloader. I don't really care about that issue, as getting my board and bootloader working was the primary goal.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Itsy Bitsy Boards”