Circuitpython web page gone after deep sleep

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mikebabin

Circuitpython web page gone after deep sleep

Post by mikebabin »

I am running a simple script to connect to WiFi, blink onboard neopixel, then go to deep sleep. For the first loop, everything works correctly, including the welcome webpage that is served by my device. (Adafruit Feather ESP32-S2)

After the deep sleep completed and the loop restarts, the blinking continues as expected, but the welcome webpage is no longer reachable. (using Fing I can still see it connected on my network, though)

Any thoughts on this? I don't want to physically hit the reset button to gain access to update the device in the future, as these will be for iot project.

mikeysklar

Re: Circuitpython web page gone after deep sleep

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you able to reproduce this wake from deep sleep issue using the current stable CircuitPython 8.0.5.

mikebabin

Post by mikebabin »

I was on 8.0.3 and just tried on 8.0.5, same problem. Thanks

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Is your board waking up in safe mode? Yellow NeoPixel LED flashing on the board?

Code: Select all

3 YELLOW blinks: CircuitPython is in safe mode. No user code was run. Check the serial console for safe mode reason.
There have been two somewhat related issues which have been resolved. I'll mention them just because they include some minimal sample code for reproducing.

1. deep sleep works first time
2. deep sleep brownout detection conflict

Something to quickly test would be resetting the WIFI when coming out of deep sleep.

Code: Select all

wifi.reset()

tannewt

Post by tannewt »

It was by design that the web workflow doesn't start after deep sleep. The goal is to reduce start up time from deep sleep to minimize power use of a wake up.

We merged a PR to change this but are unsure what the right behavior is. https://github.com/adafruit/circuitpython/pull/7814

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”