Additional Board Manager Url Without Internet

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
icanreachit

Additional Board Manager Url Without Internet

Post by icanreachit »

Good morning everyone - I am working on a system that has no internet access (cannot remedy so accept this as a constraint).

I have an ADA1500 Adafruit Trinket and am unable to select the board from the list (no options come up under contributed due to internet access). Is there a way to do this?

https://adafruit.github.io/arduino-boar ... index.json

westfw

Re: Additional Board Manager Url Without Internet

Post by westfw »

I think the easiest way to do this is to set up an Arduino environment on a computer that DOES have internet access, load all of the packages you need there, and then copy the results to your offline system via "sneaker-net." Perhaps using a "portable" installation (which means IDE v1.8.x rather than 2.0, since IDE2 doesn't have "portable." :-( )

icanreachit

Post by icanreachit »

Currently using Arduino IDE 1.8.19

I don't have easy access to that solution as what I'm working on is actually a machine that's offline, with a remote machine portal.

The "copy the results" portion seems interesting - Could it be done from yours, or someone else's machines that already has the required files/configurations/boards?

westfw

Post by westfw »

The "copy the results" portion seems interesting - Could it be done from yours, or someone else's machines that already has the required files/configurations/boards?
Sure. For windows, I assume?

"Trust me, along with everywhere my windows system has ever connected to."

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap52NphPvuq1ogbE2aF ... 3?e=qajNyh - Arduino IDE 1.8.19 for windows, portable version with ATtinyCore and Adafruit AVR board packages pre-installed.

Unzip and run the .exe from the directory that shows up (do not try to "install"), and I think that should work.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”