Create a Quiz Show Control

This is a special forum devoted to educators using Adafruit and Arduino products for teaching.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
rcbroadfoot

Create a Quiz Show Control

Post by rcbroadfoot »

I play a jeopardy-like game with students and I am tired of getting yelled at because of my janky buttons. They simply forget that the number one rule of playing is not to yell at me about who rang in first. I found the adafruit youtube video about how to make a controller so I can tell who rang in first. I have few questions before I commit myself to fumbling through the process of making a control system. Can I make it four teams -- I have big classes? Second, can the controller wires be longer? I would need about six feet. Third, could I make buttons that are "slapped" rather than a hand-held one-at-a-time buzzer? This way I can have two students at a time playing (I make four teams and students rotate up in twos.)

Thank you for any guidance.
r

dastels

Re: Create a Quiz Show Control

Post by dastels »

"4 teams" means 4 buttons? If so, yes that won't be a problem.

6 foot wires. AGain, that should be fine. I would use relatively heavy wires. Maybe speaker wire gauge. Use the pullup mode on the input pin and the other wire is ground. It's nothing too fancy.

Slappy button would depend on what buttons you get. Something like https://www.adafruit.com/product/1185 would probably be good. You could use it without connecting the LED, or connect it for additional effect (e.g. flash the first to be pressed). Not as simple, but could be fun. You'd just need to building a small case to mount it in that could stand up to student slapping.

You wouldn't need much in the way of computing power. A classic Arduino UNO (or Metro 328) would do nicely.

Dave

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “For Educators”