SMT SCD4x co2 sensor identification

Chat about pick and place machines, reflow ovens, assembly techniques and other SMT tips & trix

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
timv1

SMT SCD4x co2 sensor identification

Post by timv1 »

I have an Adafruit SCD-40 that someone gave me. My son has built a grow room for starting spring vegetables and is also learning to solder SMD so we wanted to build a board with the sensor, from scratch. I wanted to use the SCD41 to make our own sensor and also teach him soldering and actually making such a thing from scratch. I ordered some various SCD4x sensors but have gotten them confused as to which are SCD41, or SCD42. I can't find anything in any of Sensirion's documentation to identify a part except for getting a serial number, which seems "may" contain the information but there is no breakdown that I can find on deciphering the serial number. Although Sensirion provides a phone number, that phone number tells one to contact technical support by email, but after week there is no response. Would anyone here know how I can go about identifying which parts are SCD41 or SCD42?

Thanks,
Tim

barshatriplee

Re: SMT SCD4x co2 sensor identification

Post by barshatriplee »

40 and 41 are externally the same. The difference is in measuring range and power consumption:
https://emariete.com/en/sensor-co2-sens ... 0-scd41-2/

By the way, if you ever want to make a plant watering system for your vegetable garden, you can make one like this: https://www.theengineeringprojects.com/ ... duino.html

timv1

Re: SMT SCD4x co2 sensor identification

Post by timv1 »

Thanks for the link which explains the sensor technology which I can share with my son who is becoming interested in such things.

With experimentation I was able to extrapolate the information from the serial number.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “SMT (Surface Mount Tech)”