New config directions for I2S Bonnet with new Pi OS?

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
k9gardner

New config directions for I2S Bonnet with new Pi OS?

Post by k9gardner »

Hi, it seems like the instructions for setting up the Adafruit I2S Audio Bonnet for Raspberry Pi - UDA1334A are probably going to be different now with Bullseye, right? I believe they’ve done away with Alsamixer, so I’m not sure what I will have to do to get this up and running. I see other notes pertaining to some issues with mono files etc but all of those notes seem 5 years old. Any updates?

mikeysklar

Re: New config directions for I2S Bonnet with new Pi OS?

Post by mikeysklar »

We might need to do some updates to direct users towards pulseaudio from alsamixer based commands.

This Bonnet does work with the I2S Audio Bonnet as long as you are running Pi OS Lite (32 or 64 bit).

Are you having any issues with the installation?

k9gardner

Post by k9gardner »

I am running Lite. My question actually predated installing it and trying it out! I am not well-versed enough with either alsamixer or pulseaudio to know which one does what. I thought there was going to be a problem, but really there wasn't one.

In the end, the only thing that I couldn't get to work was controlling the volume. I was trying to do it using alsamixer because I don't know how else to do it (headless). But then I found that mpg123, which I am using for the time being, has its own volume control so I've been using that.

In my installation however I did create a separate problem, that I will post as a new topic. I need help! But thanks for your help on this one.

oldnoob71

Post by oldnoob71 »

I installed the 32 bit Lite OS before running script. (bonnet is on my Pi Zero W)

after running script I get: (I mean after I told it to run script:)

curl: (6) Could not resolve host: raw.githubusercontent.com

I've gone through everything twice now. The speaker is making little popping/clicking sounds occasionally so I figure there is something going on.
I also noticed that the Bluetooth started when it booted up. I pinged my Pi 400 and get "Network is unreachable" so I suspect that WiFi is needing to be started and Bluetooth turned off. I have never used Bluetooth so I have a lot to learn - If this is the issue. I could use some help here. Thanks. Even pointing me to some real noob stuff is fine with me.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@oldnoob71,

Please create a new topic for your issue. The two messages you are seeing are related to not being on on-line.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”