Does M4 have a Gyro built in & support to connect to Logitech unifying receiver?

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
mrfibreoptic

Does M4 have a Gyro built in & support to connect to Logitech unifying receiver?

Post by mrfibreoptic »

Hi

Any recommendations please, thanks in advance;)

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Does M4 have a Gyro built in & support to connect to Logitech unifying receiver?

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

No.

Beyond that, from what I can see in a quick online search, the Logitech Unifying Receiver is a Wifi device.. I don't see any way a Gyro would be useful.

mrfibreoptic

Re: Does M4 have a Gyro built in & support to connect to Logitech unifying receiver?

Post by mrfibreoptic »

Hi Mike

The Logitech unifying receiver operates in wireless RF at 2.4ghz not Bluetooth!

I’m looking for a way to communicate in the same way.

I also require a gyroscope for my project.

I read one of your hid bluefruit boards gives gyroscope readings when connected to an iOS app.

I would like to send hid & gyroscope data via wireless rf 2.4ghz to a usb receiver that I can plug into a pc/Xbox or BANNED.

dThirteen

Post by dThirteen »

I didn't see Mike say anything about Bluetooth?

If you are plugging in via USB and want to use maker boards such as Adafruit sell, forget the Logitech device. It probably has proprietary protocols etc.

Start with a USB WiFi dongle. It uses a standard protocol that has plenty of support.

To talk to it, any of Adafruit's boards that have an ESP32 onboard are a good bet, in lieu of the M4. The ESP32 has WiFi as part of the microcontroller, whereas with an M4 you need an additional chip. There's more choices in the Feather range, rather than the Metros.

For your gyro, there's a couple of Featherwings that will plug right on top of the Feather.

mrfibreoptic

Post by mrfibreoptic »

Sorry I meant WiFi instead of Bluetooth.

I don’t want either as I don’t want latency issues.

adafruit_support_mike

All forms of communication have some amount of latency. Your only choice is the amount you're willing to accept, which may put you in a position of wanting something physically impossible.

We don't know anything about the Logitech Unifying Receiver, so I don't know what protocol it uses or what devices might be compatible with it. If it does plain Wifi, we have several boards that should work. If you don't want to use Wifi, I don't know what kind of connection you would be using.

mrfibreoptic

Post by mrfibreoptic »

hi

im wanting to use wireless rf 2.4ghz

mrfibreoptic

Post by mrfibreoptic »

I'm after a microcontroller with the following:

20x gpio's

Wireless RF 2.4Ghz

On-chip USB support

gyroscope if available or I can add a seperate gyroscope board.

then i'm after a seperate usb rf transceiver

adafruit_support_mike

mrfibreoptic wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 3:28 am im wanting to use wireless rf 2.4ghz
That doesn't narrow things down as much as you may think. There are several 2.4GHz protocols, Wifi (802.11) being one of them. Bluetooth is also a 2.4GHz protocol, as is Zigbee (802.15).

Your statement is roughly equivalent to saying, "I want to use batteries". It isn't specific enough to identify a specific technology.

mrfibreoptic

Post by mrfibreoptic »

I’m specifically looking for ‘2.4GHz Proprietary’

adafruit_support_mike

That isn't a specific protocol.

'Proprietary' means the protocol belongs to a specific company and no one else can use it.

Apple's Lightning connector for the iPhone is proprietary, for instance: Apple owns the patents for the connector and the hardware inside the cable, so companies that want to make charge/sync cables for iPhones have to pay Apple for a license to use the patented designs.

If the Logitech Unifying receiver uses a proprietary 2.4GHz wireless protocol, the only place to get compatible hardware is from Logitech. Anyone else who tries to make compatible hardware without paying Logitech for a license will get sued.

mrfibreoptic

Post by mrfibreoptic »

Hi Mike

I’m not finding you at all helpful!

proprietary 2.4GHz wireless Is a communication by Nordic!

I’m not interested in Logitech at all!

My aim is to recreate the technology using the same principle for a project!

I have researched the adafruit dev boards I wish to use, all of which support the protocol.

It would be nice to talk to someone from adafruit who had input into the development of these boards which have
proprietary 2.4GHz wireless!

dThirteen

Post by dThirteen »

You can see which boards Adafruit sells that have Nordic chips by searching for nRF: https://www.adafruit.com/?q=nrf&p=1&sort=BestMatch

Most appear to be the nRF52 series. You might like to have a look at Nordic's documentation and see if they meet your needs. https://www.nordicsemi.com/Support/Documentation

This link might be a good starting place: https://developer.nordicsemi.com/nRF_Co ... -protocols

You say you have researched the boards that you want to use. Can you please say which (maybe with a link to remove any ambiguity), and what further questions you have? It's quite difficult for anyone to be helpful in this back and forth manner. :)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”