QT Py SAMD21

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
alainsam

QT Py SAMD21

Post by alainsam »

Can the QT Py SAMD21 be used with the Arduino IDE?

mikeysklar

Re: QT Py SAMD21

Post by mikeysklar »

Yep, for sure. See linked guide.

alainsam

Post by alainsam »

After installing the Adafruit SAMD, I selected the PY SAMD 21 I can compile but there is no port to select. Can you help?
PS: I also pressed the button on the board during compilation with no success.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Are you using a known good USB cable? Does the QtPy get detected by your OS device manager when you plug it in?

You might need to manually select the port and double press the reset button to go into bootloader mode on the QtPy just before code upload.

alainsam

Post by alainsam »

USB cable works with XIAO board, but the QtPy doesn't show any LED and doesn't seem to be detected by windows 10, it is powered as the Qt can power another board attached to it .
I double press the reset button several times without result and nothing shows on the device manager Ports.

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Okay, this Qt Py might have an issue. The hardware is probably working, but based on your description and lack of LED activity a bootloader might not be present. I recommend a replacement in this case.

Can you email [email protected] requesting a new unit. They will need your order# and a link to this forum thread as your authorization.

alainsam

Post by alainsam »

Thanks for the offer but after many tests, it seems that I found the solution for my setting:
First I had to get more space on the computer by deleting some files and then when the
D://QTPY_BOOT file is created at the end of compilation, it shows on the display of the PC. This seems necessary to have the port working (COM 12 on my case) I do not know why but maybe you can explain it to me?
Anyway it works for now :=))

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

Okay, I wouldn't have guessed a space issue, but they definitely can break everything when you are totally out of space to add file descriptors and what not.

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”