Replacement Heater for MHP30 Mini Hot Plate

Hand tools, soldering irons, scopes, multimeters. Talk about em HERE!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
krs013

Replacement Heater for MHP30 Mini Hot Plate

Post by krs013 »

Does anyone have a lead on where to find a replacement top half / heater unit for the mini hot plate (4948)? I got one from Adafruit a while back, but recently used it for the first time and the heater burned out after one (successful) use.

Not sure if the temperature control failed and it overheated or if the coil just was faulty. Looking back, it was a bit odd that it reported being under 200 C when it readily melted solder on an IMS board... so maybe the temperature reading was off and it cooked itself.

I've looked for a while and can't find the heater for sale anywhere, which is surprising given that it's so readily removable. If anyone has a contact or inventory of replacements that would be really helpful. Thanks

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Replacement Heater for MHP30 Mini Hot Plate

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

We don't have heating elements for that one in inventory, but I'll check to see if it's possible to get them.

When did you get the hot plate? From your description, it sounds like there are bigger problems than just the heater.

krs013

Re: Replacement Heater for MHP30 Mini Hot Plate

Post by krs013 »

Thanks, I appreciate that. Let me know if you find anything.

The heater was purchased 11/23/21, and the inventory label is marked 03/29/21, if that helps. It was definitely a long time ago so I don't have any illusions of warranty, but anything we can do to get it functioning would be awesome. That is, if what I have left is worth saving. If the base unit was the problem then maybe I'm just out of luck. I have a conventional hotplate on the way in the meantime to keep my work going.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Tools Tools Tools”