Need Help with Playground - Bluetooth and Flickering LEDs

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Flotsch

Need Help with Playground - Bluetooth and Flickering LEDs

Post by Flotsch »

Hello,
i'm in need of some Help. i wanted to build the cauldron from this project for my LARP Alchemist.
https://learn.adafruit.com/cpx-cauldron/software
i habe three of the blue fruit Boards ans two Basic, as i first order the wrong typ.
i followed the guide and got the boars to run, but i cant get a stable connection. i can from time to time connect my mobil to the board an chance the leds but its not stable an i will get send back to the overview with als Bluetooth devices in reach and cant connect again. (mobil is a Google Pixel 4)

also i would more like a stand alone version that give light with out BLuetooth. so i found this one via Youtube
https://github.com/Nrico/Circuit-Playground
change the code in the Code.py with that from the line above and added the "Adafruit_CircuitPlayground" in the Lib folder but nothing change on the board. the board with the "new" code just light up all LEDs in white.

do i miss anything for the flickering?
and what can cause the BT issues?

thank you for any advice
BR Martin

mikeysklar

Re: Need Help with Playground - Bluetooth and Flickering LEDs

Post by mikeysklar »

The example code you found is Arduino based so you would have to use the Arduino IDE to upload it to CircuitPlayground. It is not python code so creating a code.py will not work.

The project requires Android 4.4 or later which I assume you are running on your Pixel 4. BLE is great for quick setting changes, but it will disconnect when you get too far away or timeout.

Flotsch

Re: Need Help with Playground - Bluetooth and Flickering LEDs

Post by Flotsch »

thank you so much!
i realy got lost in the too many guides an different tools to use:)
it works

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”