Trinket Pro 3V battery power issue

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Leoiii

Trinket Pro 3V battery power issue

Post by Leoiii »

Hello!

When I try to power my Trinket Pro 3V from a 5V source, my program does not run. The only way for me to get my program to run is to press the reset button (when connected to 3V) or to power from a USB. Unfortunately, I have to power the Pro Trinket from battery and won't have access to the board to press the reset button. Does anyone have a workaround for this?

Note: when I power via USB, the red LED flashes slowly for about 10 seconds, but any other power method results in 4 short double flashes.

I have tried a pullup resistor between RX and 3V which did not solve my problem. I have not yet tried reflashing the bootloader because I do not have an Uno (which is the recommended method of reflashing the bootloader).

Thanks!

dastels

Re: Trinket Pro 3V battery power issue

Post by dastels »

How are you connecting the 5v source? It should work fine. Both power from the USB connector and Vbat feed into the regulator that powers the board. as long as Vbat is at least ~3.5v it should work.

Can you post clear closeups of your connections and wiring?

Dave

Leoiii

Re: Trinket Pro 3V battery power issue

Post by Leoiii »

Hi Dave

I made a mistake and my board was not working because of a different issue in my code (although it was dependent on the power source). What I think happened was that I did not have long enough delays in my setup and some external sensors had not booted by the time the code was running. When resetting the board, the code would run from the start, but the external sensors did not lose power and there was no boot up issue.

Thanks for your help and sorry for what ended up being a silly question!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”