Problem with reading data from Adafruit LSM6DS3TR-C + LIS3MDL IMU on Raspberry Pi

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/
WH173_P0NY

Problem with reading data from Adafruit LSM6DS3TR-C + LIS3MDL IMU on Raspberry Pi

Post by WH173_P0NY »

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased an Adafruit LSM6DS3TR-C + LIS3MDL - Precision 9 DoF IMU and connected it to my Raspberry Pi 3B+ using an RPI Proto board 03. After checking the connections using the "i2cdetect -y 1" command, I noticed that both the LSM6DS3TR-C and LIS3MDL modules were correctly detected.

However, when I try to read data from the accelerometer and gyro using the Python code I've written, using the Adafruit CircuitPython LSM6DS and Adafruit CircuitPython LIS3MDL libraries, I get results equal to zero. The magnetometer works correctly and returns results. Here's a sample output:

Accelerometer: ax = 0g, ay = 0g, az = 0g
Gyroscope: gx = 0dps, gy = 0dps, gz = 0dps
Magnetometer: mx = 0.135742gauss, my = 0.359009gauss, mz = 0.67041gauss
Accelerometer: ax = 0g, ay = 0g, az = 0g
Gyroscope: gx = 0dps, gy = 0dps, gz = 0dps
Magnetometer: mx = 0.13562gauss, my = 0.356445gauss, mz = 0.675781gauss

I also tried using C++ with the lbcm2835 library, but I received the same results.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem and how to solve it? Thanks in advance for your help.

adafruit_support_mike

Re: Problem with reading data from Adafruit LSM6DS3TR-C + LIS3MDL IMU on Raspberry Pi

Post by adafruit_support_mike »

Do you have a microcontroller you could use for comparison testing? It would be useful to see if you get the same behavior.

Forum rules
Talk about Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories! Please do not ask for Linux support, this is for Adafruit products only! For Raspberry Pi help please visit: http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/

Return to “Adafruit Raspberry Pi® accessories”