Metro M0 Express Stuck in Bootloader

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
RawKitsUsa

Metro M0 Express Stuck in Bootloader

Post by RawKitsUsa »

I am using an Adafruit Metro M0 Express: https://www.adafruit.com/product/3505

I tried to upload some basic code to the microcontroller and it looks like it got stuck in the bootloader. The bootloader came up like it normally does when I upload code but then it never went away. The Arduino IDE also said that there was no device on the COM port I have it set on for my M0. As can be seen in the picture of the IDE, the computer still sees the board, it just cant talk to it for some reason.

I have also attached a picture of the board, its neopixel is solid green and the On, Tx, Rx, and L LEDs are all on as well.

I have tried to press the reset button, once and twice. I have unplugged it, I have tried to upload a circuitpython UF2 on it and it seems to be able to talk to the board that way but I still can't upload arduino files to the board.

It seems like it needs a hard reset but I don't know how to do that. Please let me know what I should do to get my M0 back up and running! Thanks!
Attachments
M0Stuck.jpg
M0Stuck.jpg (921.67 KiB) Viewed 200 times
M0inIDE.png
M0inIDE.png (80.91 KiB) Viewed 200 times

Franklin97355

Re: Metro M0 Express Stuck in Bootloader

Post by Franklin97355 »

If your computer sees the com port and arduino does too then try to set the compiler to verbose and compile blink. When the uploader starts to look for the comport press the reset and see if that helps.

RawKitsUsa

Post by RawKitsUsa »

Thank you for the response, here is what I am getting when I set the compiler to verbose and reset the board when it was searching for the COM.
Attachments
M0VerboseUpload.png
M0VerboseUpload.png (51.94 KiB) Viewed 196 times

RawKitsUsa

Post by RawKitsUsa »

After trying to reset the board during verbose compiling and upload, it still wont let me upload code to or run code on the board. Any other Ideas of what I could try?

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

Have you tested the cable to make sure it can pass data? Also, does the device manager see the metro on com 4?

RawKitsUsa

Post by RawKitsUsa »

The cable is the same one that I was using before, when the board was working. It also still works if I try to reset the flash. When reset the flash it makes the board seem like it is working again but as soon as I upload any code to it, it gets stuck in the bootloader again.

I posted a picture of the COM ports. Is it supposed to say M0Express on COM4 or does that look right?
Attachments
DeviceManager.jpg
DeviceManager.jpg (15.92 KiB) Viewed 147 times

Franklin97355

Post by Franklin97355 »

What happens if you unplug? There are two devices on com4 can you disconnect the other one?

RawKitsUsa

Post by RawKitsUsa »

I noticed that the other two items on the COM ports were Bluetooth devices, I simply turned off Bluetooth on my laptop and whatever was interfering with it went away. I was able to upload a sketch and get communications running again. Thank you so much for your help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Metro, Metro Express, and Grand Central Boards”