Using IO to publish a topic to a MQTT broker

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.
rvcc

Using IO to publish a topic to a MQTT broker

Post by rvcc »

Hello
Running various sensors on esp32-S3 feathers. Used wipper snapper to set up and add devices ( worked super well)
Is there a way to use the feeds/ IO data as an MQTT client rather than as a broker?
I'm looking to store the data for longer than the 60 days allotted by IO.

brubell
Learn User Page

Re: Using IO to publish a topic to a MQTT broker

Post by brubell »

Running various sensors on esp32-S3 feathers. Used wipper snapper to set up and add devices ( worked super well)
Glad to hear it!
Is there a way to use the feeds/ IO data as an MQTT client rather than as a broker?
This isn't possible.
I'm looking to store the data for longer than the 60 days allotted by IO.

Data Storage can be boosted past the 60-day IO PLUS (paid) plan in 30-day increments for $5 per month or $60 per year.

Read more about the IO Plus Plan Upgrades here: https://io.adafruit.com/blog/notebook/2 ... -upgrades/

rvcc

Post by rvcc »

Is it possible to pay for 2 year data storage? it would be a total of 120$ for that plus the 120 per year for the IO plus.
Am i correct in reading it that way now?

jwcooper

Post by jwcooper »

I believe it would be $110 per month for 670 days of data storage (approximately 2 years - the 60 days included with io+), not including the IO+ fee which gives 60 days of storage.

Data is stored at 2 years from the moment you add the boosts, and not retroactive on any existing data.

More details can be found here:
https://io.adafruit.com/plus

Forum rules
If you're posting code, please make sure your code does not include your Adafruit IO Active Key or WiFi network credentials.

Return to “Internet of Things: Adafruit IO and Wippersnapper”