RA8875 support for ESP32 in Arduino environment

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
anthonyb58

RA8875 support for ESP32 in Arduino environment

Post by anthonyb58 »

Hi, Without doing due diligence I purchased an Adafruit 2354 7" TFT touchscreen and associated RA8875 driver board with the goal of connecting it to an ESP32-DevKitC-32E/32UE. Does Adafruit have a library with example code that will allow ESP32 to connect to an RA8875 driver board via SPI? My searches so far have proven vague, probably due to my limited understanding. Thank you

mikeysklar

Re: RA8875 support for ESP32 in Arduino environment

Post by mikeysklar »

The stock code will work with the pin modifications for your device. There a closed ESP32 issue in the RA8875 Adafruit Arduino github repo thats shows another ESP32 (on a similar device) getting going with these pins.

Code: Select all

#define RA8875_INT 32
#define RA8875_CS 5
#define RA8875_RESET 33

anthonyb58

Re: RA8875 support for ESP32 in Arduino environment

Post by anthonyb58 »

@mikeysklar, Thank you for the pointers. Much has transpired since my last post mainly in aquiring an understanding of how the RA8875 library actually works. I've modified the lib to allow the user to map the SPI pins (SCK, MISO, MOSI, CS, RESET, INT) as needed. I also have an untested version where the user can select which SPI module they want to use - (HSPI, VSPI). It's far from perfect but hey it works :) Once tested I'll share. Thanx again.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”