Trouble with reducing canio baudrate stm32

CircuitPython on hardware including Adafruit's boards, and CircuitPython libraries using Blinka on host computers.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
KarlParks

Trouble with reducing canio baudrate stm32

Post by KarlParks »

Hello folks,

I am following this tutorial with an STM32F405 + TJA1050 on one end of a CAN bus and a USB CAN module on the other end.

I wanted to test reducing the bardrate from 250,000 in the tutorial to 125,000. I also changed the USB CAN module to match. Unfortunately, I start seeing CAN bus errors when I do this. I can probably leave it at 250k, but I am curious why I am struggling to adjust it? Anyone have a clue? Is this related to clock frequency on the microcontroller? Changing to 500k works, but not 125k.

Thanks,

Karl

NewUserDave

Re: Trouble with reducing canio baudrate stm32

Post by NewUserDave »

Hi .. any advice you might have on getting one of these devices connected using canio? Any good example programs you might share perchance? I'll try an chip in when I get to baudrate questions, but if any assist would be grateful.

KarlParks

Re: Trouble with reducing canio baudrate stm32

Post by KarlParks »

> any advice you might have on getting one of these devices connected using canio?

Sure. I have been following this tutorial: https://learn.adafruit.com/using-canio- ... n/overview Buy 2 STM32F405 from Adafruit. Then buy a set of 5 TJA1050 transceivers off of amazon. You'll also need the breadboards and jumper cables to hook everything up.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Adafruit CircuitPython”