bluetooth remote mod for sony camera

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jamskof

bluetooth remote mod for sony camera

Post by jamskof »

hi guys, firstly, bare with me, i know NOTHING about electronics! i am merely a creative person! :)

a bit of background of the slider and how it works.. i will try to be brief..

timelapse sliders like the one below that i want to purchase, even though this slider is bluetooth enbabled, it HAS to connect to the camera via a shutter release cable. the sony cameras have what they called a multiport socket, which looked identical to micro usb. different camera brands do have different sockets, some proprietery.
https://au.neewer.com/collections/slide ... r-66600616

the idea is, for timelapses, via the slider app on your phone, you can select interval between shots and exposure length, and no. of photos. i.e. 1 second exposure, 250 shots, and take 1 hour to get from the far left to far right of slider.. once activated the slider will move eg. 10mm, then the camera will take the picture, wait for the full exposure, and say a second later, the camera will move again etc etc..

the camera has a usb-c port.. sony say "its possible" to control via this port.. but they dont support it, but in theory a third party could create it.. problem is, nobody is. many people have tested with wired intervalometers using usbc adapters but with no luck..

SO! .. there seems to be only one solution out there on the interwebs.. its a bluetooth shutter release thats compatible with the camera.. open the module up and somehow insert something like a 2.5mm jack connected to the module.. this guy is the only person thats doing it.
https://gethypoxic.com/collections/came ... 8267346102

so the idea is, you connect the phone to the slider.. then the slider connects to the bluetooth module i think via 2.5mm jack on each end, then the module triggers the camera via bluetooth.

id like to support the guy selling these but its just out of my price range and the whole thing might not be reliable for what i need it for, i dont live in the u.s. and shipping prices are high too.

AND SO.. my big question is.. does this sound like a complicated mod?, if any of this makes any sense to anyone out there.. is this something a complete novice or am i very much out of my depth here? or is this impossible to even guess without seeing the inside of the jjc remote?

thanks so much in advance!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”