Stepper Motors 28BYJ-48

Post here about your Arduino projects, get help - for Adafruit customers!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sswcharlie

Stepper Motors 28BYJ-48

Post by sswcharlie »

I have several 12 volt motors with 64:1 gearbox. Would like to change some to the Adafruit 16:1 gearbox. Where do I locate these 16:1 in New Zealand? or aliexpress? Thanks

Currently get 9 rpm for the output shaft, but need 50-60-rpm. What do I need to change in code below to go from 9 rpm to higher. Have tried several combinations to get better result.

Charles Harris

Code: Select all

#include <MobaTools.h>

const int stepRev = 2048;                 // steps per revolution
const byte stepperPins[] = {2,3,4,5};     // adjust stepper pins to your needs

// create stepper object
MoToStepper myStepper( stepRev, FULLSTEP );

void setup() 
{

myStepper.attach( stepperPins[0],stepperPins[1],stepperPins[2],stepperPins[3] );
  myStepper.setSpeedSteps(8000);                 // = 1000 Steps per second
  myStepper.setRampLen(100);                     // 50 steps to achive set speed
  myStepper.rotate(1);
}  

void loop() 
{
}

adafruit_support_bill

Re: Stepper Motors 28BYJ-48

Post by adafruit_support_bill »

There are a lot of "28BYJ-48" motors out there. And about the only thing they have in common with each other is the part number and the form-factor. Operating voltage and gearing do vary considerably. I have torn down a bunch of them and found gear ratios ranging from the 512 step range to the 2048 step range.

Here is one example. As you can see, the gear ratio is not *exactly* 16:1 viewtopic.php?p=210339

I'm not familiar with the library you are using. If the speed is not changing, you may be exceeding the resolution of its step timing.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Arduino”