OV5647 Arducam to Windows computer

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
cspurandare

OV5647 Arducam to Windows computer

Post by cspurandare »

Hello,
I am trying to run a project where I plan to use the NoIR OV5647 camera from Arducam. My particular use case requires a small camera with NoIR settings, so this is potentially the only option I have. This camera seems to be designed to be RasPi camera, but I came across and ordered CSI to HDMI converters/adapters (part # 3552 ) and HDMI to USB (part # 4669) adapters. My goal is to get this camera to work on a Windows PC and be detected like a regular webcam. The dual conversion from CSI to HDMI and then to USB does not seem to work. When I do that, my windows PC recognizes that USB port as a "USB video" device, but is not able to play or open the camera.
Please do let me know if what I trying to do is feasible, and if yes, how can I set it up correctly.
Thanks in advance,
Chinmay

sj_remington

Re: OV5647 Arducam to Windows computer

Post by sj_remington »

A microcontroller of some sort is required between the camera and the PC, in order to implement the handshaking required for the PC to recognize the camera as a USB device, to tell the PC what type of device, and to control specific camera actions.

cspurandare

Post by cspurandare »

Thank you so much for the quick reply. Do you know if Adafruit has any of those microcontrollers for sale. I would be very interested to buy and resolve the issue.
Thank you again for your help

cspurandare

Post by cspurandare »

Hi,
To follow up on this issue, I ordered a CSI to UVC board from Amazon. (https://www.amazon.com/Arducam-CSI-USB- ... 138&sr=1-1). Connecting my OV5647 to CSI, then to this board and then through an USB to the Windows computer, I get the windows Webcam software to recognize the board, but it is not able to communicate with the camera. Is there any configuration file which I can load on the board such that it can enable to handshake between the PC and OV5647?
Thanks and looking forward to your help,
Chinmay

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”