Trinket M0 not detected

Adafruit's tiny microcontroller platform. Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Chendog

Trinket M0 not detected

Post by Chendog »

Hi, I am using the Trinket M0 and struggling to get it to access it from my computer. I have tried on both Windows 10 and MacOS 11.7.3 with no luck on either. For Windows I made sure to install the necessary driver and followed the usual process for an Adafruit SAMD board. For MacOS I did the same - I have previously used the Feather M0 on this laptop with no concerns.

The device connects OK, see attached image after running "ioreg IOUSB", and enters bootloader mode (red flashes) but is not detected on Arduino IDE nor is it visible in Finder/Device Manager. I have tried to use CircuitPython, but I cannot transfer the .UF2 file since I cannot access the Trinket.

I understand that the Trinket has some issues with USB3.0, so I have used a USB3.0->USB2.0 adapter for all attempts.

Many thanks for any help
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 11.07.07.png
Screenshot 2023-05-29 at 11.07.07.png (203.22 KiB) Viewed 107 times

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Trinket M0 not detected

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Based on the product ID, that is not a Trinket M0. It is an older (origianl) Trinket:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/1500

This is the Trinket M0:
https://www.adafruit.com/product/3500

The Trinket you have will *not* be able to run CircuitPython. A Trinket M0 could though.

For Arduino, make sure you're installing the correct Board Support Package and selecting the correct board in the Arduino IDE.

However, also note that the older style Trinkets are now deprecated. (see product)

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Trinket ATTiny, Trinket M0”