Audio FX Soundboard file names

Breakout boards, sensors, other Adafruit kits, etc.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
bboyle

Audio FX Soundboard file names

Post by bboyle »

Hi,

I bought the Audio FX Soundboard to play random sound clips in an old mini cassette player. I wired up one of the old buttons to the soundboard.

The files are currently named «T03NEXT01.wav» up to «T03NEXT08.wav». The soundboard works well with this configuration, but the point is to play them at random («T03RAND01.wav»). When I name the files for random play, the soundboard won’t play the sounds. I have a green light, but nothing happens when I push the button.

If I rename the files to «NEXT» configuration, all is well again. I have also tried transfering OGG-files with the «RAND»-configuration, but it still won’t work.

PS: I also tried the «LATCH»-naming and that didn’t work either.. What could be the issue? Please help!

adafruit_support_carter

Re: Audio FX Soundboard file names

Post by adafruit_support_carter »

Remove the zero padding in the number after RAND in your filename:

Code: Select all

but the point is to play them at random («T03RAND01.wav»). When I name the files for random play, the soundboard won’t play the sounds.wav
The file names must be 8.3 format. So only 8 characters total in file name. T03RAND01 is 9 characters.

See guide for more info:
https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-aud ... gg-2914630

bboyle

Post by bboyle »

Oh, no way! Is that only for the random config, then? Because there’s 9 characters in my Next-config names.

I’ll try it out and let you know how it turns out!

bboyle

Post by bboyle »

And it worked a charm! Guess I’ll have to read the instructions more closely next time. Thanks for the help!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Other Products from Adafruit”