Setting Baudrate on USB + Serial LCD Backpack

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
edbos

Setting Baudrate on USB + Serial LCD Backpack

Post by edbos »

Looking for some help on setting the baud rate. It is unfortunate that the user guide does not directly address this topic. There have been a few posts on this topic already, and a couple responses point to files on github. One of them a *.ino file. Not enough detail in these files... I am thinking that the responders haven't actually changed the baudrate themselves, or they are using the USB/PC approach with arduino plus existing code and haven't figured it out first-hand... I am using a microchip processor UART to send serial commands to the backpack and I can do everything that is spelled out in the user guide.

Looking through the github files, here is what I have arrived at so far: write to three successive eeprom addresses starting at address 106 the upper, middle and low bytes of the baud rate in hex. OK, here is what I don't understand... The serial commands in the user guide all begin with "0xFE" followed by some control byte like "0xD1" then more bytes depending on the command type. I am hoping someone (either user or adafruit staffer) can say the specific byte sequence that will change the baud rate.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”