Radiofruit / M0 RFM95 MAC Address Recovery

Please tell us which board you are using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
demeyer

Radiofruit / M0 RFM95 MAC Address Recovery

Post by demeyer »

Hi there,

Like a dummy, I lost track of the paper included in the package that had the MAC address for the various Radiofruit boards I'm using. I've been searching and trying various packages and AT commands to identify them via the Arduino IDE with no luck. Hoping someone has had some success and can point me in the right direction.

Thank you,
Dean

mikeysklar

Re: Radiofruit / M0 RFM95 MAC Address Recovery

Post by mikeysklar »

Dean,

That Adafruit examples do not use any sort of address identifier with the RFM95.
Note that this does not any addressing or subnetworking - if you want to make sure the packet goes to a particular radio, you may have to add an identifier/address byte on your own!

jerryn

Post by jerryn »

Just an FYI. As noted, the MAC address is not used. I have several of these and have never had any reason to use the MAC Address from the piece of paper included.
However, you should be aware that the Radiohead Library (and the Circuitpython RFM9x) libraries do allow for addressing boards via the packet header. This is described in the RadioHead Library Datagram documentation.
http://www.airspayce.com/mikem/arduino/ ... agram.html

demeyer

Post by demeyer »

Thank you for the reply Jerryn and Mikeyslar. Unfortunately I can’t use the Radiohead library as it only allows for point-to-point LoRa and I need to use a gateway. I also haven’t had any luck generating an EUI from the gateway and then passing that generated identifier through as another tutorial suggests, I’m not sure that’s supported anymore. Is there just not a way to recover the original EUI?

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

@demeyer,

This thread should help.
The slips are for convenience, and aren't associated with any specific board.

LoRa radios need a UUID to connect to the radio-to-internet-to-radio LoRa network, but the radios we use in the Feathers don't have a hardware address. People have found that you can use any globally unique ID though, so we put a printed UUID in the bag with each board.

If you aren't trying to connect to the LoRa network, you can ignore the UUIDs entirely. You don't need them for connections between the Feather and the computer, or for connections between any two radios. If you do want to connect to the LoRa network, you can use any UUID with any radio, just make sure each radio has a different UUID.

demeyer

Post by demeyer »

Thank you for the follow up. I'll move forward with assigning a random valid ID and see how it goes.

Thank you!

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Feather - Adafruit's lightweight platform”