Need a suggestion for an unusual project

General project help for Adafruit customers

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Osglith

Need a suggestion for an unusual project

Post by Osglith »

Hello all,

I need a small board (I'm hoping a Feather will do) that will have two analog momentary buttons and a potentiometer attached to it. I need it to communicate those three settings over USB so apps can read them as if coming from a USB device. The three settings are when one of the buttons is pressed, and what percentage is the potentiometer currently at. In my mind this is a circuit python feather board, but I really am not that experienced. I don't want it to act as a USB flash drive when plugged in, just a USB device. Does that make sense?

Use case: I work for a TV station that has a teleprompter. Our current teleprompter has a hand held knob with two buttons. If you twist the knob the text advances, if you push the top button it switches direction. Most teleprompter software will use any USB device and you can map what button does what command. That's why I'm hoping to build my own hand held knob.

mikeysklar

Re: Need a suggestion for an unusual project

Post by mikeysklar »

Take a look at the USB HID Crank Controller. It will give you an overview of all the parts and code to make a knob look like a USB device with CircuitPython.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “General Project help”