Make it Glow: LED Diffusion material

EL Wire/Tape/Panels, LEDs, pixels and strips, LCDs and TFTs, etc products from Adafruit

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
Azzura

Make it Glow: LED Diffusion material

Post by Azzura »

Feedback to Adafruit members on LED diffusion materials.
Hi fellow members, following up on an excellent article entitled "Make it Glow: NeoPixel and LED Diffusion Tips & Tricks by Erin St Blaine". This article inspired a towel ladder project for our bathroom, which also acts as our night lite in the "wee" hours (Dad joke). I experimented with various materials like Erin; to finish on an opalised acrylic tube. This opalised effect was perfect for diffusion of the LED strip on bathroom wall tiles, so much so that it did not hurt the eyes at midnight when the night lite effect activated. If this is of interest to you search for extruded Acrylic as it provides an economical alternative to cast acrylic, it is a translucent opal white and is able to diffuse light passing through it.
I made two towel ladders, one for a friend. He requested a nightclub effect, so I blinged it up BIG time, such that it is a talking point with friends who visit him. Trust this is useful for another Adafruit member researching diffusion materials.

Franklin97355

Re: Make it Glow: LED Diffusion material

Post by Franklin97355 »

Thanks for posting, I'm sure it will be of interest to many users.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Glowy things (LCD, LED, TFT, EL) purchased at Adafruit”