ez-link won't connect if unused for several hours

For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
jimseng

ez-link won't connect if unused for several hours

Post by jimseng »

Hello.
I have a bluefruit ez-link bluetooth serial device which works fine until I don't use it for a few hours. I am connecting to it from an Android phone but if I don't connect to it, say overnight, then it is nit available unless I power cycle it or press the pair button. Then it works fine. I am disconnecting from it when I finish communicating and the red light goes from fast to slow flashing. There is no way to connect to it from any device, even with unpairing or using a laptop. It seems "un-discoverable". I think I purchased it back in 2016, although I am not sure how long ago it was.
Any ideas how to deal with this issue?

barshatriplee

Re: ez-link won't connect if unused for several hours

Post by barshatriplee »

Examine the power management settings on your Android phone and laptop. Disable any power-saving features that may be affecting the Bluetooth connectivity. Some devices automatically turn off Bluetooth after a certain period of inactivity to conserve power. Adjusting these settings may help maintain a stable connection.

jimseng

Re: ez-link won't connect if unused for several hours

Post by jimseng »

Hi.
This isn't related to the device I am trying to connect with. The ez-link won't accept connections from any device, whether it has been paired or not without a power cycle once I lose a connection to it. I have recently read that there is a 2 hour timeout with earlier firmware. Not sure if this is fixable unless anyone has any other ideas.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Wireless: WiFi and Bluetooth”