Morse Code Flasher and Make Code

Play with it! Please tell us which board you're using.
For CircuitPython issues, ask in the Adafruit CircuitPython forum.

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
sailsailor

Morse Code Flasher and Make Code

Post by sailsailor »

Done several other projects and thought I'd try Make Code. Well I can't get a download from the site Circuit Playground Morse Code Flasher. I've done other learning project and can get them to function but code won't download. Tried so many different things I'm lost at this point.

mikeysklar

Re: Morse Code Flasher and Make Code

Post by mikeysklar »

Did you hit the blue download button in the MakeCode pop up image and scroll down to the green UF2 bar for the d/l link?
IMG_1251.jpeg
IMG_1251.jpeg (432.7 KiB) Viewed 447 times
IMG_1252.jpeg
IMG_1252.jpeg (278.85 KiB) Viewed 447 times

sailsailor

Post by sailsailor »

Yep. I get through that and then click which does nothing, then try to drag the link but that just puts the globe with file name into cplayboot.

sailsailor

Post by sailsailor »

Still trying. This is what I get across the bottom of my computer when I click the green download button. This is so frustrating. Seems simple, thought maybe it would be after python and aduino. Thinking maybe i'll give it a go on python but I hate quiting. I've done other projects with makecode, clap, lights, and no problem. Image
Attachments
IMG_0520.jpg
IMG_0520.jpg (796.88 KiB) Viewed 440 times

mikeysklar

Post by mikeysklar »

What browser are you using? Can you try with chrome?

I attached the file to this post. It is not zipped, but I changed the UF2 extension to .ZIP so the forum would let me upload it. Just change the extension back to UF2.
Attachments
circuitplayground-Morse-Code-Flasher.zip
(283 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

sailsailor

Post by sailsailor »

Thanks for that. It is now working as intended. However a couple of questions remain. I'm assuming the intended use was to use Chrome??? I am using Microsoft Edge. I changed the extension to UF2 but now I can't figure out how to get rid of the .zip type file. This prevents me from uploading to makecode. So I'm unable to change the SOS. Also seems to load to cpx but when I take it off the computer cpx reverts back to ready for program load and I have to move the UF2 back to cpx. Thanks for your patience and assistance.

sailsailor

Post by sailsailor »

Just tried this whole thing with Chrome, no joy. This is proving to be most difficult.

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “Circuit Playground Classic, Circuit Playground Express, Circuit Playground Bluefruit”