infowidget seems to cut off end of response

Talk about YBoxen, widgets, Propeller hacking, etc!

Moderators: adafruit_support_bill, adafruit

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.
ex-h0trod

infowidget seems to cut off end of response

Post by ex-h0trod »

I'm using a hacked infowidget (but you can use the default one to reproduce this issue) connecting to a python script that returns the results of a request to the Yahoo Upcoming API to show events and shows in my area. I had something like this running on the original ybox a few years ago and thought I'd try it on the ybox2. The problem is that for longer responses, the end of the response seems to get cut off on the ybox. (If I run the script at the command line, or invoke it from a browser, I see the full response.) For very short responses, it doesn't seem to be an issue. In my case, that means requesting 4 events. If I request 5 or more, I start to see some cut off. And it's not like the cut off point is fixed after a certain number of bytes or something -- if I request even more results, they'll all come in, except the last bit.

I've saved the output of my python script (well, some debugging output..) and attached it here. It's missing the headers that get sent, but the ybox doesn't seem to mind. If someone really wants to help me debug this, I'll send my server info and you can connect directly from your ybox. For me, the content gets cut off after "aaaaaa 4 39", and the "39" on the next row, along with the nonsense text ("whatwhatwhat") below it doesn't get displayed. I'm sure I could work around this by sticking a bunch more nonsense text into the end of my response and coding on the ybox to ignore it, but I'd rather figure out what's going on if possible.

I know this forum is a little on the dead side lately but maybe someone knows..

Thanks!
Attachments
upcoming.txt
(213 Bytes) Downloaded 540 times

ex-h0trod

Re: infowidget seems to cut off end of response

Post by ex-h0trod »

I managed to solve this putting the bytes being read from tel.rxcheck into a buffer, and the sending the entire buffer to the TV using term.str. I saw that the twitwidget was doing this and gave it a try. :D

Please be positive and constructive with your questions and comments.

Return to “YBox2 (discontinued)”